Sunday, 16 December 2012

Butterfly Kisses

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

All stamps are from DimensionStamps 

For this card I used the ‘Flower Powered’ stamp set ref: 2400075a.  I punched the corners of the white card using a Woodware punch, I think it’s just called notches, and then I masked off the edge of the card using the notches as a guide, and stamped the flowers using the poesy stamp with VersaFine – Onyx Black and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  Next I stamped the butterfly, and on another piece of white card I stamped it again using the VersaFine and heat embossed.  Using Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass I added the ink around the edge of the card making it a little darker at the top.  I coloured all the flowers and both butterflies in using Pro/Flex Markers and cut out the second butterfly, I cut off the tongue and the antenna as I already had them on the main image.  The pink and white background card has some swirls and stars on it, the stars looked a bit like the flowers and as I didn’t want too much of a background thought it would work quite well, so all I did was use the tumbled glass to ink around the edges of the card.  I originally scored the edges of my base card but after matt and layering everything it looked unfinished, never mind just carry on.  For the tag I used the Spellbinders – Back to Basics Tags and once I’d embossed it added some of the tumbles glass ink to the opening.  I used the ‘Word Perfect’ stamps ref: 1803160a for the sentiment and using the die drew around it on the pink and white card, cut it out and inked around the edges.  I added a little blue flower brad to the tag, but the card still looked unfinished so I used some blue peel offs to cover up the scored edges and also added them to the masked edges of the image.  I attached the tag to the card with foam pads and used silicone glue to attach the butterfly, bending the wing on the edge of the body first, adding the silicone glue just under the edge of the wing the give dimension.


No comments:

Post a Comment