Friday, 14 December 2012

Girlie Pink

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

I thought a bit of paper piecing would look good while using one of the corset stamps from the ‘Francais Couture’ ref: 2400074a from Dimension Stamps, so I used a Tim Holtz paper pad called Vintage Shabby and it’s from the idea-ology range.  I cut the card diagonal and used both sides of the paper, the ledger side I left plain and the damask side I first dusted the paper with an anti-static bag and then stamped the French text using the Color Box pigment ink orchid from the Tulip Field ink stack and heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder.  I used the orchid ink to ink the edges of both the triangle pieces of paper but not down the diagonal edges.  I used some textured pink card from an A4 pad I got from Create and Craft for the matting, I attached the triangles before attaching to the white card front.  Using white stamping card I cut out a Spellbinders – Reverse Wonky Rectangles shape, and used drew around the same shape on the back of the pink textured card to cut out a matt.  I stamped the corset and the text (at the same time, just shaping the text next to the corset on the Stamp and Stash plate) with the orchid ink and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder onto the white card and inked around the edge of the shape.  Onto another piece of white card I used the Spellbinders – Fancy Tags to cut out the tag and onto the back of the pink textured card I drew around the tag and cut out for the matt.  Onto this tag I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed, using double sided tape to attach it to the matt.  Onto an off cut piece of the Tim Holtz paper I stamped the corset and heat embossed before cutting out the panels for the corset on the white card, I attached them using clear drying PVA glue.  I also stamped a bow onto some white card, embossed and cut out to add to the front of the corset, basically to cover the panel tops so I didn’t have to be too careful with the cutting out in this area.  I have some pink pearls from MeiFlower in two different sizes so these worked really well, the smaller one down the front of the corset and on the sentiment and the larger ones in each of the corners.  I wasn’t happy with the finished card, I felt it needed something more so having a look through my dies I found the ‘Delicate Fern’ from Memory Box, it just needed the one so I tucked it under the sentiment and attached it with clear drying PVA glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment