Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Bicycle

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

 For this card I used the 'Flower Powered' set of stamps ref: 2400075a.  I first stamped the bicycle using VersaFine - Onyx Black and coloured in using my Pro/Flex Markers (they are still my fav thing to colour with) but then I wanted to use a Spellbinders die, so having a root in my Spellbinder box I found the Curved Rectangles, this die was actually just big enough to use as the bicycle is rather a large stamp.  So once cut out I used Distress Ink - Milled Lavender and the Spun Sugar to just add a little ink before removing the white card from the cut out die.  For the border around the curved rectangle I used a Martha Stewart punch, I punched along a strip of purple textured card and then cut each section out and attached all the single pieces to the edge of the curved rectangle.  I had some strip purple/lilac paper in my stash (I think it's from an old stack of Papermania papers I've had for ages) but wasn't really happy with just a plain card base so decided to make it into a side stepper card.  I measured the overall size of the bicycle with the border, and used that as the size of the stepper I needed, then covered the card with the striped paper.  The sentiment and it's frame are from the 'Grand Word Perfect 2' stamp set ref: 1803069a.  The flowers could have done with toning down a little, they were supposed to match the flowers I coloured on the bike, but never mind.  I used the Cheery Lyn Design dies - Medium Rose, Miniature Rose and the Flourish Leaf Strip, using a little brag for the centres, well the brads matched if nothing else lol.  J
All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps 


No comments:

Post a Comment