Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Bentley

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

This card nearly ended up in the bin, it wasn't going right at all, the colours were annoying me and I just couldn't get it right in my head.  I was putting the car together when my husband saw it and like it a lot so I finished it off.  The background is made up of strips of core'dinations Black Magic cardstock, in the blue and orange, I stuck the strips onto some white card before I then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folder - Kickin' Rubber before sanding the card.  I matted the background onto some blue foil card before attaching to the snow white pearlescent base card.  I used the Spellbinders Labels Ten die to cut out the oval shape, cutting off the three raised end pieces and did the same for the foil matt.  I used the Die-namics Skyline Border along the top half of the oval, I then cut out two large cogs from the Spellbinders - Sprightly Sprockets in black shiny card and tucked them round the back of the oval so only the sides of the cogs could be seen.  For the dashboard I used the Spellbinders Circles and the Cogs dies.  The name Charlie was chosen at random by my husband, and was stamped using the 'Alphabet 7' set of stamps ref: 1801009a.  All the stamping was done using the VersaFine - Onyx Black ink and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder, coloured in with my favourite ProMarkers.  The car is from the 'Beep Beep' stamp set ref: NC013 and was stamped three times, the first was the full car, the second was the front section cutting off the roof and the wheels and the third was stamped using the VersaFine but heat embossed using detail silver embossing powder, so I could cut the radiator out.  I used PVA glue to attach the radiator and foam tape to attach the front section of the car and foam tape to fix the car onto the oval.  To finish I used some black and blue gems in each corner and I had some very tiny star gems and one of those fit right in the middle of the stirring wheel.
All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps 


No comments:

Post a Comment