Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Project Club - September 2013 ≈ Patience ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

All stamps are from Dimension Stamps

I like to play cards, I have done ever since I can remember, I used to play with my mum.  The hours we sat and nattered while playing cards, happy memories.  

To start I stamped the blank playing card border onto some patterned card using a VersaMark ink pad and heat embossed with some detail white embossing powder, onto two of the blank playing cards I also stamped the cocktail glass.  Then onto some white card I stamped the blank playing card border using some VersaFine - Onyx Black ink and used the 'ABC 123' stamp set ref: NC021 for the numbers, once I'd added the suit symbols I heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder.  I then used Memento pens to colour the red and black symbols before adding some Sakura Clear Glaze pen.  For the sentiment I measured the inside of the blank playing card border, then I used my computer to draw a rectangle to use as a guide then used WordArt in Microsoft Publisher to add the text.  I then deleted the rectangle and copied the text a couple of times just in case I made a mistake.  Once printed I stamped the blank playing card border over the text using the VersaFine ink, I then used the 'Occasions' stamp set ref: NC022 to add the Good Luck before I heat embossed with the clear embossing powder.  Once the sentiment had been cut out I matted onto some of the dark card, the same card I used for the matt on the background.  The cream card had a slight texture to it, I didn't want anything with a pattern as it would have made the card too busy.  When the cream had been matted onto the dark card I used a black Memento pen around the edge, you can hardly see it, but I wanted the cream to stand out a little.  I used some PVA to attach the playing cards to the front of the card, trying to attach them quite randomly, I'm not really good at random but attached them how I picked them up, so the three of hearts ended up upside down, it killed me to stick it down but that's how I picked it up lol.  The sentiment and the top card with the cocktail glass on where attached using some foam tape.  I do actually play this game of patience so thought the sentiment was appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment