Friday, 15 November 2013

Die Cut Box

updated 17/03/2014:  Dimension Stamps have now changed their name to Nina Crafts.

All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps

I have loads and loads of die cut sets from Spellbinders, Tonic, Signature from Joanna Sheen, Marianne Designs, Joy Craft etc etc and wanted NO needed somewhere to store them.  I'd been searching for ages for a really useful box or something like it, but couldn't find the right size.  David (my hubby) is really busy at the moment but I asked him to make one for me, I'm really lucky to have a Jack of all trades living in the same house lol.  I did a quick drawing and left it with him.  When I got the box it was all ready for me to just decorate.  I used my Pebeo paints, the off white one for the base colour, then decided to stamp on it.  I used my geometric flower stamps from Dimension Stamps, they come in three different sizes so are really useful, I also used the butterfly from the 'Flower Powered' stamp set ref: 2400075a.  I stamped first of all using a Memento - London Fog ink then painted the flowers and butterfly, then to finished I wanted to randomly stamp with StazOn - Jet Black.  I'm not very good with random though, so some of the flowers are actually spot on and the others are off centre, which is what I wanted to happen, never mind though I'm really pleased with the end result.  The size of the box was decided because of the size of the pockets I have put all my die cuts in, I got the them from polybags.co.uk and they are called Ziplock Slidergrip Bags and they come in a verity of sizes, I am now far too organised lol.     I'm thinking of painting the bees on the other end from the 'Bee Happy' stamp set ref: 2300039a, I like the travelling bees I did on this card  
BUT

I have just picked up the new owl stamps and can't wait to use them, have you seen them?  Check out the Dimension Stamps website, they have proved to be very very popular.  I have also had some new stamps made, I had a brainwave and really really needed to have some made, so the team have done a great job with them and I can't wait to use them as well, thank you very much to all for putting up with me and thanks to Laura for getting them ready in time for me to pick them up yesterday.  I have also just acquired some new bits and pieces that means I will need to get my paints out again, it will be tough but I will do it lol.  I'll post more on my next projects later when they are finished.  So much to do, where do I start lol.

Update

Exciting things have been developing at Dimension Stamps HQ, the team have been wanting to expand their creative talents and have just started a new venture.  Dimension Stamps isn't going anywhere, far from it as I've seen all the new designs Nina has been coming up with, you're going to love them.  Nina Crafts is still very much alive and kicking, the manufacturing side of the business is still going strong but Roy, Faye and Nina wanted a new challenge.  For a while they have wanted to do more on the home decor front, so have put the wheels in motion and got it started.    
Violet Lane is the name and I'm really liking the products they have released so far.  The website is still very new but you can find it here


or ebay


you can also keep up to date with all the new releases on Facebook


If you do visit the Facebook page don't forget to click the 'Like' button.

No comments:

Post a Comment