Saturday, 9 November 2013

Project Club - November 2013 ≈ Round Wishes ≈

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

All stamps used are from Dimension Stamps

I have the EK Success circle cutter so wanted to make a circle card, BUT I'm not very good at maths so asked my hubby (who is, very good in fact) if he would work out how many stamped images I'd have for the size of the circle.  As the biggest size is 6 inch, he couldn't go over that.  So here's the technical bit - roughly a 6 inch circle, multiply that by p hat gives you the circumference, then divide the circumference by the length of the stamp at its widest part, then round the answer down to the next whole number.  That gives you the number of times you can stamp your image.  Next divide the circumference by the number of images and this gives you the spacing for each image.  Now back to the card lol.  I cut out the circle on some scrap card and stamped, well it went perfect, BUT once I'd committed to the real card I went off a bit so don't look too closely lol.  In this project club you will find the outline stars and also some solid stars, the solid stars actually fit inside the outline stars, so using some different coloured ink the stars can be coloured instantly.  I'd asked Nina to make some of these solid and outline stamps, so I will be using these little stamps again on other projects, thanks Nina J   I stamped using Memento - Tuxedo Black and used Memento - Cantaloupe and Dandelion for the solid stars.  I stamped the fairy in the middle of the circle and coloured her in using Pro/Flex Markers, stamping again onto some Papermania paper from the Sunshine Pack, then cutting out her dress and the star in her hair on one piece and the star on her want on another.  I used some clear drying PVA to attach the pieces to the fairy.  I cut out a further two circles for my base card, trimming the top of one of them and folding the other one over the trimmed area, sticking in place using red high tack tape.  I covered the inside of the base card with the same paper used for the fairy, and also made the flowers using some Joy Craft dies, I also used a Joy die for the white lace border.  The sentiment is from the 'Grand Word Perfect' stamp set ref: 1803161a and has been stamped onto a Spellbinders - Fancy Framed Tags One die, that I inked around the edge using the Cantaloupe ink.  When I attached the lace border I used some PVA glue but I'd smudged it slightly and you could see the shine left behind, so I used a Sakura clear Glaze pen inside the lace to cover up the shiny bits and make all the inside of the lace shiny.  I used some double sided tape to attach the main circle front to the card and used the Glaze pen on the stars around the edge, just on the middle star and the two smaller ones, also the star on the fairy wand and finally on her eyes.  To finish the card I used some pearl gems from MeiFlower.
If you would like to join our project club for just £10 a month and also get discount on your purchases, then visit our website for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment