Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Project Club - January 2014 ~Leafy Owl~

Originally this post was from the Dimension Stamps Project Club.  Now the name has change to Nina Crafts, so I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

For the stamps used please visit Dimension Stamps

I used the stamp circle month of October for this card, using a scalloped Spellbinders circle die with my punched out circle and added the red ribbon bow to the top.  The background was stamped with a new leave set that will be available soon, I just used the masking technique to cover the whole piece of card as I went along.  I used my ProMarkers to colour everything in and coloured the leaves on the owl to match the background.  I also have a very small leaf stamp from an old set that I used for the sentiment.  I stamped a piece of white card using the masking technique again, cutting the strip out so you can see the sentiment through it, adding a single cut out leaf to the corner.  I used some foam tape on the back of the leafy sentiment and perched the owl on top.  I cut around the owl leaving a little border, so you can see the background fully, it took me ages to do that background and I didn't want to cover it up completely lol.  To finish I used some red gems in each of the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment