Friday, 23 October 2015

Autumn Leaves

I was going to mask the leaves on this card but I wanted them to stand out and shine, so I did the background first using some Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Peeled Paint and Ripe Persimmon.  I masked off the top and bottom of the card using some sticky notes, blended the ink in the opening and before removing the sticky notes added some drops of water, I tend to soak up the water too soon, but left it a little longer and got some nice water blobs across the panel.  When I removed the sticky notes the ink had smudged a little so I just used a Memento - Rich Cocoa pen and added the wavy line to the top and bottom of the panel.  The sentiment is stamped on using the Memento - Rich Cocoa ink pad.  The Autumn Leaves Kissing Stamps were stamped onto some white card using the ColorBox Pigment Cat's Eyes Ink - Jelly Beans and Woodgrain, these inks do stain the stamps but you can still see through them so it's not a problem, don't leave any ink on the stamp, wash with water as soon as you can.  I washed in between stamping with a wet wipe so the colours didn't contaminate my ink pads then once finished washed them in a bit of warm water.  I used the Memento - Rich Cocoa for the outline and the veins, before cutting out.  Once cut out I used the Memento - Rich Cocoa pen and coloured the raw edge all around the leaves.  Then I used VersaMark ink and clear embossing powder to give the shine, I actually did two layers of this as just the one was a bit mottled, whereas two give a smoother finish.  I added some orange magazine paper, had it ages so not sure where it came from, but cut it very close to the white card ass I only wanted a little sliver showing, once this was attached to the card front using some double sided tape I added the leaves with some foam pads.  The leaf on the bottom is actually covering up a little dot of ink that was hanging around on the end of my finger lol, of course it ended up right in a place it was not wanted, never mind, you wouldn't have know if I hadn't have told lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment