Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Rolling in the Leaves

 Sorry about the photo, the flash shows the embossing a bit.  For this easel card I used the Autumn Leaves Kissing Stamps from NinaCrafts.  I inked the background card with some Distress Ink - Peeled Paint because the leaves couldn't cover all of the card as I needed it to fit inside an envelope, so that was my guide to placing the leaves.  I used my weird brown/green VersaFine ink to stamp the leaves onto some magazine paper, these being Tattered Lace, I used four different papers, and heat embossed them with detail clear embossing powder.  The happy birthday is from my Word Perfect set of stamps (discontinued from Nina Crafts), I just removed some of the ink from the stamp before applying it to the paper.  I used a grey ProMarker to edge every leaf before cutting them out, it meant I didn't have to cut too much detail out.  The Plain Hedgehog is another stamp from Nina Crafts that I stamped onto some paper again from the Tattered Lace magazines, one in the beige and one in the light brown scrip, I also used the same ink.  I added a ProMarker highlight to the hedgehog but the paper was a little too thin so I stamped it again but this time onto some plain white card and used the patterned paper as an overlay.  The sentiment is from the Popular Phrases stamp set, I stamped onto the patterned paper with VersaFine and heat embossed adding a ProMarker border around the paper, again the paper was a little too thin so I stuck it onto some white card to give a bit of extra support.  I added some of the green patterned paper to the base of the easel card, shaped the leaves a little before attaching them, then using some foam pads to attach the sentiment.  The leaves on the front were shaped before attaching with a little bit of PVA just in the middle of the leaf and the hedgehog was attached using foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment