Monday, 12 October 2015

Snowflake Crunchy Leaves

I was thinking of doing a card with this flower on it but it is a little on the big side so I decided to make it into a present topper instead of a bow made of ribbon.  I could actually sit it on the top of some ribbon, I have some wired ribbon that's quite wide and it is blue with snowflakes on, now there's a thought.  Anyway, I used the new set from Nina Crafts called Crunchy Leaves Kissing Stamp.  I thought I'd do pictures to show what I mean instead of trying to explain what I did, much easier to see what's going on.  Here's the nearly finished flower.
I used the Memento - Grape Jelly ink for the leaf outline and the snowflakes, this snowflake stamp is an older one from Dimension Stamps (Nina Crafts).
Onto the solid leaf stamp I used the Memento - Summer Sky ink.
First of all I stamped the outline onto some white card, I like to use the 250gsm super smooth card.
I then inked up the snowflake stamp and the solid leaf stamp. Then stamped the solid onto the snowflakes.
Then stamped the solid now patterned stamp onto the outline.  I like to stamp the outline first if adding a lighter colour to it, I just eyeball the tip of the leaf with the end of the stem to get a decent fill.  As you can see I made extra, just in case.
I cut each leaf out leaving a little white border, I have a drawer with die cuts in, just odds and ends that I haven't used in other project, I found a couple of these flowers that would do for the centre.
After shaping each of the leaves I attached them to the flower using some PVA glue.  I used a circle punch to cut out the white card and dusted some Summer Sky onto it.  I stamped the sentiment using the Grape Jelly, these are the from the What a Year set, again from Nina Crafts, then stamped the solid numbers with the Summer Sky ink.  I then added some Grape Jelly ink around the edge of the circle.
I used PVA to attach both the layers together and some silicone gel under the sentiment.  To finish I added some violet iridescent glitter, although you can't see it in the photo, it just looks like some glue blotches so I haven't posted that one, tut.

No comments:

Post a Comment