Well as you can see I have now sewn the table runner together, I did end up making 20 blocks. It looks a bit all over the place in this photo because I've taken the photo on the sofa, never mind. I used a piece of white cotton for the background, just sewing in the ditch to attach it. Needs trimming and binding now, but first coffee J
Monday, 28 March 2016
Thursday, 24 March 2016
I haven't done much stamping lately, been sewing all sorts lol. So having a look through some of my stamps I found a couple of sets from Altenew that I haven't ever used, the set I used is called Vintage Roses. I didn't know what colour to use, far too many choices, so ended up using the yellow. The roses need three stamps per flower head, so I used the Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade for the base. I then stamped and cut out some masks using sticky notes and covered all the rose bases. In the stamp set there are quite a few leaf bits so I used two different ones again each leaf has three stamps for the layers, so for the base I used Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters, these colours gave me the muted look I was after. I was going to use another green for the leaves but decided to carry on using the Shabby Shutters for all three layers. Once the leaves were stamped I removed the sticky notes on the rose bases and used Distress Ink - Mustard Seed for the top two layers. I stamped onto an extra big piece of white card so I could cut out the area I thought looked the best. I matted onto some rainbow foil card and attached to the card front. Using some of the extra cut off stamped card I stamped the 'just for you' from Craftwork Cards - Sunshine Sentiments set using some Memento - Olive Grove ink, then cutting out using the Spellbinders Fancy Tags dies, cutting one out in the stamped card, trimming it to fit inside a rainbow foil tag as well.
For the inside of the card I again used some white card and stamped the corners with the rose and the leaves, adding rainbow foil to the two corners only. The sentiment is also from the Sunshine Sentiments set and again stamped using the Olive Grove. To finish I used some gems on the tag on the front of the card.
Tuesday, 22 March 2016
I wanted to have a go at making some quilt blocks on my embroidery machine. So I found a pattern at Sweet Pea and it's called Wedding Rings Quilt and Blocks. You can make anything from a quilt to a cushion cover, I decided to make a table runner, using the blocks. This is a picture of the first block on 'My Brother',
and this is a finished block.
I used some owl fat quarter fabric I got at Hobbycraft, some stripe fabric I found on ebay. The stabilizer is a tear away, the wadding is an 80/20 mix from Heirloom and the white fabric is from my husband's old white work shirts, I told him he needed some new ones for his new job last year and I couldn't throw them away, so I cut off all the buttons, threw away the collars and cuffs then saved the rest. The instructions are really easy to follow and I'm really liking the appliqué.
I think I will leave the ends of the table runner in the half circle, as you can see in the picture, by the time I do the other blocks you will see the completed rings. Hope that makes sense lol, I think I'll have to do about 20 of the 6x6 size blocks, so it will measure 2 x 10 blocks down the middle of the table, I can always add more if necessary. Back to 'My Brother' now.